I am a hobby historian.
Areas of Interest
- Nineteenth-century Germany
- Victorian Britain
- American western expansion
- Royalty and aristocracy
- Architecture and building design
- Æthetics of design
- Environmental history
Qualifications & Works
- Postgraduate Diploma in Nineteenth-Century Studies - University of Sheffield - Sheffield, England
- Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Wyoming - Laramie, Wyoming, USA
- My history blog
- Work placement at the Humanities Research Institute at the University of Sheffield
Kaiser Wilhelm II abdicated after the end of the First World War, but that is generally when he exits the stage of popular history. So what happened to him? What did he do in that time? This article aims to explore some of these questions….
It is hard to believe that an entire decade has elapsed since I published my first History Rhymes blog post entitled “Starting Out.” A lot has changed in the past ten years and I have big plans for it for the future.
The rule of the Bavarian kings ended with the German Revolution of 1918-1919 in the immediate aftermath of World War I. The royal family became enemies of the Nazis and had to flee Germany, but never gave up the dream of restoring the monarchy.
History Rhymes has been picked to be featured in an editorial by Tutorful called “History Lovers: Awesome Websites and Resources To Cure Your Boredom”….